Welcome to my Wild Garden! Right now, you can come with me as I photograph the growing season of a small, neglected garden. In the future, I plan to add a photo gallery, a section on Tudor outfits, as well as a number of other things.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sepember 2nd:

Vetch flower close-up

Some of the smartweed's tight buds have opened up into flowers.

Lambsquarter buds are still shut tight.

A goldenrod flowerhead is still in bloom.

The fireworks weed shows a few tiny flowers. I don't know what the proper name of this is. Do you?

The Calico aster is blooming.

The Asian dayflower shows no blooms, but perhaps this was taken too late in the day.

The flowers of the evening primrose are truly lovely.

This new flower head of the pokeweed seems small, but the very compact tip holds the promise of a long berry cluster.

For this picture, I lay on the ground to get a picture of this plant from the side. The developing green inflorescence forms at the point where the leaves attach to the stem. I don't know the name of this plant. Do you?

Close up, we see tiny white and purple flowers.


The mugwort is developing its seeds.


Here we see the burdock burrs and seeds.

A bindweed flower shows just the faintest hint of pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment