Welcome to my Wild Garden! Right now, you can come with me as I photograph the growing season of a small, neglected garden. In the future, I plan to add a photo gallery, a section on Tudor outfits, as well as a number of other things.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

October 4th: Early Color, Late Blooms

The vetch continues to bloom as fully as ever.
The low Three-vein is just starting to pale. I call this low three vein, because I don't know what it is! Do you?
The smartweed flowers, each having opened briefly, are pink, closed buds once again.
The poison ivy is turning, central veins the last holdouts against the encroaching yellow. In other places it is turning red,
The mullberry is as green as ever.
The milkweed shows the same pattern of color change as the poison ivy and hawthorn.
Some of the maple leaves show patches of maroon in parts of the leaves removed from the central veins.
I call this fireworks weed because I don't know what it is. Do you?
The Common Mugwort's seeds seem to be almost ready,
The Butter and Eggs, or yellow toadflax, continues to bloom.
The Asian Day-flower seems to consist only of leaves
Evening primrose flowers
The primrose shows off its entire reproductive cycle, from flower to developing pod to seed case.
Seen sideways amid a sprinkle of calico aster blossoms, some of the lower leaves of the primrose exhivit a startling pinkish red.
Calico Aster flower cluster
Calico Aster Close-up

No comments:

Post a Comment