Welcome to my Wild Garden! Right now, you can come with me as I photograph the growing season of a small, neglected garden. In the future, I plan to add a photo gallery, a section on Tudor outfits, as well as a number of other things.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

July 21st:: The Season Advances

The vetch continues to bloom, as it will until autumn.

This poke-weed flower cluster clearly shows the berries that will be its final form. A few last flowers are visible near the tip and, interestingly, at the base.

The dock is now brown and dried. For this species it is effectively autumn.


The scotch thistle is growing ever upward and now is forming what passes in its case for flower buds.



The evening primrose is in its prime, with bud, flower and developing seed cases all present.

Meanwhile, the two neat rosettes continue to develop.

The goldenrod is forming flowerheads, still green in bud.


A few "sparks" show at the tips of the firecracker weed's flower complex.

For the most part, the garden is a confusing green mystery.

What's this? Another green plant starts to develop a complex of ramifying branches. When I first saw this, I named it ramifying weed.

The developing burdock has put forth green buds that look like thorny burrs.



Underexposure produced a series of images in such rich tones of green that I just had to share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment